Some of SCBC's greatest moments in Bearding!!
The Adaptive Surf Project gives surfers with disabilities surfboards and establish networks of surfers to take them surfing.
And this year, Saturday, February 4th 2017 will be their first year to host a beard and mustache contest with us to help raise money for their cause!!
We've come up with a few categories to fascinate your facial follicles!!!
Men competitors may register for only ONE category each, so choose your category carefully-no changing categories, please. Women competitors may compete for BOTH categories if they wish, though they are not required to do so-simply select the last category when registering that states “BOTH Realistic & Creative (I’m doing both categories) – you’ll get to participate in two categories for the price of one. We will ensure you have enough time between the two categories to change.
Categories include (though will not be run in this order, specifically to allow ladies participating in both categories time to change.)
1. Full Beard > 8”: Full Beard as it grows and left natural, the more natural the better. The mustache is blended into the beard. No aids allowed. Length and/or width measured from the lower lip.
2. Full Beard < 8”: Full Beard as it grows and left natural, the more natural the better. The mustache is blended into the beard. No aids allowed. Length and/or width measured from the lower lip.
3. Natural Mustache: Your mustache as it grows naturally, the more natural the better! You may shape it but without the use of styling aids.
Definition: a natural mustache shaped without the use of any pomades, waxes, or other products.
4. Styled Mustache: This category includes WBMC recognized categories of English, Hungarian/Wild West, Dali, Imperial, and Freestyle. Styling aids allowed
Definition: a creatively styled and shaped mustache through the use of pomades, waxes, creams, and other products and styling tools.
5. Sideburns/Mutton Chops: Must be a true sideburn, no natural or shaven gap by the ear. Chin is shaven and hair is optional on the upper lip. No Styling aids allowed. No Freestyle.
Definition: a strip of hair grown down each side of the face in front of the ears that does not connect to the chin.
6. Goatee: Your goatee as it grows naturally, the more natural the better! Moustache is optional. Goatee and mustache can be accentuated but without styling aids. No curled mustaches! There must be a clean shaven section at least 4cm wide (the width of a razor blade) between the onset of the head hair and the beard. Styling aids NOT allowed
Definition: a small, sometimes pointed beard extending from chin that does not connect to head hair.
7. Whaler/Donegal: Your beard as it grows naturally, the more natural the better. Beard may be groomed or natural as it lays. Styling aids NOT allowed. Mustaches NOT allowed.
Definition: the "Abe Lincoln" is a thick beard fully covering the entire chin from ear to ear along the jaw line without connecting to a mustache (not to be confused with a "chinstrap" which does not fully cover the chin)
8. Partial Beard: No Freestyle. This category includes Musketeer, Fu Manchu and Imperial Partial Beard. Styling Aids allowed.
9. Business Beard: 1" and under: Highly groomed and manicured beard no longer than 1 inch. Shaping and manscaping encouraged. Styling aids allowed.
10. Freestyle: You will be judged on pure creativity and originality. Styling aids allowed.
11. Full Beard with Styled Mustache: The mustache is distinct from the beard & may be styled as in other mustache categories. Styling aids are permitted on the mustache only. The beard appears as it grows and left natural. The more natural the better! No styling aids are permitted on the beard
12. Whiskerina (Realistic): Women’s category only. These beards follow the traditional and realistic structure of a beard and mustache. They can be creative in the use of materials, but with the goal of appearing realistic. The most realistic beard does not necessarily win. The "realism" of a beard is one factor among many to be judged, just as length doesn’t win very comp but must be factored in with width, color, and overall look. These beards are judged on realism, craftsmanship and overall aesthetic appeal.
13. Whiskerina (Creative): Women’s category only. These beards use creative materials in their construction. They do not necessarily follow traditional structure of a beard or mustache in size or dimension. Rather these beards can be abstract representations of beards and/or mustaches. These beards are judged on their creativity, craftsmanship and overall aesthetic appeal.
***$10 to compete, payable at the door****
Free to watch!!!